Using a pressure washer can be an enjoyable and rewarding expectance. You start with a dirty and grimy surface and transform it through the power of your magic wand, rather, powerful pressure washer wand.
The before and after pressure washing pictures are remarkable. And the possibilities for residential pressure washing are endless–try it on your home, car, deck, driveway, fence, boat, RV, porch, brick or vinyl siding, gutters, garage, trash cans, swing set, riding mower, your tools, and the list goes on and on.
Industrial usages might include cleaning large commercial buildings, parking lots, heavy machinery, manufacturing equipment, car or truck fleets, and many other applications.
There is no doubt that a pressure washer can be a great tool. But like many tools you have to decide whether you should rent one or buy one? Let’s look at six questions before you decide which makes the most sense for you.
1. How will you be using the machine? We offer all different sizes and models. Does hot or cold pressure work for your tasks? Is gas or electric a better option? How much psi is appropriate for your work chores? Is there an adequate water source available at your cleaning site? Assess your cleaning needs first and then decide which machine is the ideal solution. When you have chosen the make and model, you can compare apples to apples when it comes to renting vs. buying.
2. Do you have the time and skills for maintenance? When you rent, you need only return the pressure washer in the same condition. However, if you buy one, you’ll need to take good care of the machine. You can do the maintenance yourself or hire someone to make repairs. Be sure to factor this time and cost into the overall price of purchasing a machine.
3. How often will you use your pressure washer? If you’re a weekend warrior or you own a large business, you may fire up your pressure washer several times a month in good weather. Buying a machine may make good financial sense. However, if your home or commercial equipment only needs cleaning occasional a few times a year, renting a pressure washer from your authorized dealer seems like a better option.
4. Can you rent a pressure washer when you need it? Depending on the size of your town and the season, you may not have easy access to rentals. Factor the availability options into your decision. If there is the possibility of urgent or emergency times you really need a pressure washer? It may be smarter to buy the model(s) you need so you’re always prepared.
5. What is the cost for renting a pressure washer? Again, you need to compare prices for like machines. Commercial machine rental costs vary by type. You can easily request a quote from McHenry. The price range to rent a hot water unit is $150. – $250. per day; the average cost to rent a cold water machine is $75, – $100. Available rate times are 1/2 day, daily, weekly or by the month.
If you rent a machine for a day and need it another day, ask the business for the terms of their closed door policy which can include weekends. Also is delivery and pick-up services available? This may assist you when a larger unit may be better for your cleaning application.
6. Finally what is the price to buy a pressure washer you need? The investment price needs to be plugged in along with the answers to the proceeding questions. This combined information should assist you in making a decision. Remember that there are financing and lease options available to defer your investment. If you have the space to store your unit, buying makes a lot more sense for your bottom line.
Whether you rent or buy from McHenry, please know that we are here to answer all your questions and provide outstanding customer service. If you buy from us, we offer roadside repair services and generous preventative maintenance contracts. At McHenry, we look forward to helping you with allAll Posts your needs. Phone us today to see how we can help.